DOJO KUN OF ICHIKAWA SOSUI O-SENSEI
- The Dojo is sacred. Karate begins with bowing and ends with bowing.
- Achieving progress with kata requires diligent practice, skillful analysis and correct understanding of all the kata.
- When practicing kumite in the dojo, it is necessary for each student to grasp the exact meaning within the kata that has been taught. In this way the meaning can be applied to kumite.
- It is imperative that we follow the kata that our ancestors have created and teach them without change.
- The secret essence of Karate consists of:
Tenshin- The measurement of correct standing position.
Hente- A change in technique that is applied after, as a replacement for, or as a continuation of the original technique.
Kokyu- The study of controlling inhalation and exhalation.
Ki- The study of controlling energy through proper training.
Tako- The study of controlling your attacker's force with your touch.
*Dokushin- The study of reading and re-directing your attacker's movement with your mind. *
- It is strictly observed that there is no rule in our ancestor's Karate to take the offensive.
*It should be noted that Ichikawa Sosui Kensei personally directed Taiani Kaiso to include this segment of training into the original Dojo Kun.*